Monday, November 15, 2010

Greetings and Green Tea

What I'm drinking: A blend of teas, mostly green and white

Welcome to the blog, my hopefully-soon-to-be-faithful readers. My name is Nicholas; as a brief introduction, I'm an avid tea-drinker and hopeful, though restless, romantic. I read voraciously and love to daydream during sunsets. The mineral kingdom provides endless entertainment, as do the topics of language, music, and the latest gossip. I'm a twenty-something looking for all the adventure that life has to offer, but often find myself retreating when too much rears its head in my face. I admit that I've got my faults, but I hope you'll enjoy the smirks they'll provide.

To get better acquainted with my vision, here's my basic premise behind writing Steeped in Serendipity: I find that I figure out life a little more each day (in rather unexpected ways), and that tea tends to remind me of what's really important. With those two concepts in mind, let's journey together on the wild ride and open road into the heart of my time here on planet Earth.

I'll start my entries with what's in my cup as I'm writing, or what leaves happened to unfurl as their analogous events also unfolded. At some point you're going to have to deal with my sense of humor. I'll probably make some dreadful puns and pretend that I can be witty, so be prepared. As we go along, though, I do hope that the lessons I continue to learn will elucidate something for one and all who read along.

In my first post, I would like to add an extra-special note of gratitude to the photographer whose work appears on the title of my blog, Jon Church. He's really fantastic, so let's all help make him rich and famous one day. Please visit Jon's other works on his website: www.jonchurch.com.

That's pretty much it for now. I promise I'll get to the juicy stuff soon enough, including some steamy pots of tea. And maybe other steamy moments.

Maybe.

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you have chosen to share with all of us :) I have always considered you my "brother" in many ways, so this will be a nice way to get a glimpse into your day without stalking :) Love you Nicholas. I am already hooked! with love and crystal blessings, Mira Bai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Mira! I have always felt that bond, too, and I am glad you're here to share the adventure with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being of untrained palate and only serving my tea for the common delight of fruity warmth or a comfry cup, I look forward to your mastery to launch my education of the subtle nuances of tea appreciation. Cheeky, huh? Kisses and cuddles, dear heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacquie!
    I'm delighted that you stopped by. I hope we'll grow together through this exercise in mindfulness, as that's all that tea really is. So let's see what happens when we let our minds steep in the water of consciousness (that's just the right temperature, of course), and we can drink up the brew together!

    ReplyDelete